Last updated on 4-14-2017
Below are the sections in this document:
- Storage and Protection
- Your Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Student Privacy Pledge
- Contact Us
We collect the following types of information:
Client Information: We collection information about our clients to operate, maintain and upgrade features in our platform, analyze our offerings, and to communicate with our clients. This information includes names, email addresses, phone numbers, content of messages, and account information related to other applications our clients use.
Student Data: EDIS has access to personally identifiable information about students (“Student Data”) in order to successfully operate. Student Data is considered confidential and we do not use for any purpose other than to provide our services to our clients. If you have any questions about how we use student data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to our clients.
EDIS never sells or rents information. We only share personal information in very specific scenarios:
- We may share information with other technology services if we’re using them to operate our services and only if we consider their privacy policies to be as strict or stricter than ours. So far, we only share information with services from the following companies:
- Amazon: for Web Hosting, Backups, Corporate Operations (https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/)
- Google: for Single Sign On, Analytics, Language Translations (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/)
- Microsoft: for Single Sign On, Analytics (https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/)
- We may have to share data with law enforcement or other parties to comply with a court order or other legal purposes or to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users.
3. STORAGE AND PROTECTION
Storage and processing: Our information is stored and handled in the United States. For International Clients, we may decide to house data outside the United States if doing so improves the responsiveness and quality of our service.
Keeping information safe: We are very strict as to how we protect the information in our servers. Information is limited to only those employees how require it and protected by user names / passwords / two-factor authentications / firewalls / encryption. We use SSL, SFTPs, and other encryption techniques to safeguard our information. Access to our buildings is restricted via multiple access controls. If you have any questions about how we store and protect data, please email us at email@example.com.
4. YOUR CHOICES
Account information and settings: Some information may be modified by Clients using the Administrative Section in our platform.
Promotional emails: When we send promotional emails, you have the option to unsubscribe from those in the bottom sections too.
Student Data: Student Data is provided and controlled by the Clients. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting personal information of a student, please contact a Client directly.
Data Retention: We will not retain any student personal information for longer than necessary to provide our services. If a Client stops using our Platform, we will promptly delete all Student Data associated with the Client in question. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about the choices you have in regards to data, as well as our processes for deleting data, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
EDIS only collects information from children under the age of 13 if the Client is already collecting it. Please email us at email@example.com if you we have inadvertently collected personal information of a child under 13 without the Client’s authorization and without proper parental consents so that we may delete such data as soon as possible.
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites, applications or services linked to or from our Service.
7. STUDENT PRIVACY PLEDGE
EDIS is a proud signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge as part of our commitment to
- complying with the highest levels of student privacy and
- being an active member in the student privacy discussions within the edtech community.
8. CONTACT US